Sunday, April 3, 2011

Final Steps

Today I went over every page of my website and user manual to make sure there were no typos or spelling errors.  Both are now completed.  I am just making sure that I have all the documents finished and printed off for submission tomorrow in night class.  I would like to share my lessons learned from this project:


There are lessons to be learned with any project, especially with one as detailed and demanding as a senior project.  The main lesson that I learned while doing my senior project, is that I wish I had managed my time better.  Since I had already had a good idea of what I was doing early on, there were often times that I felt that I could take a few days off and not worry about the project.  I did set goals and deadlines for myself that I believe kept me on a decent track for the semester to compete the project on time.
            The main advice that I could give someone that has to take senior project, is start the research early.  I felt that because I had taken Communication Research the semester before, I was already a head in the process compared to a majority of my classmates.  Another piece of advice that I would give would be to figure out a general idea of what you want to do for Senior Project, before you decide what you are doing for Communication Research.  This will help narrow down a topic for the Communication Research paper.  The biggest lesson that I think was learned from everyone in the class, is that Communication Research is a necessity in order to be better prepared for Senior Project.   

No comments:

Post a Comment